Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Home Sweet Home

When I was younger I lived in numerous different apartments, from what I have been told. I do not remember any of them, could not give one description. However when I was three years old my mom, dad, and I moved into a three bedroom house. Soon after we moved in my little sister, Jordan, joined us to occupy the third room.

The lot is the main reason we have never moved anywhere else. My dad is so attached to it and my mom could never find a bigger house that she liked that had a lot my dad would agree on. There is a good amount of grass to cut, a fence in yard for our dog, and tons of trees. To be more exact there were tons of pine trees. For a punishment, when we were much older than three and newborn of course, we would be told to pick up all the sticks and pine cones in the yard. After we were done with that we would be free to do whatever we pleased with the rest of our day.

My mom always had a creative side to her. She would take on small projects such as refinishing furniture around the house. Then she moved onto completely redesigning a room. The kitchen was first then her bathroom and then her room then my room and as you can see the list goes on. Knowing something one way for a long period of time and then having it change dramatically is a very odd feeling. However now that I am older i look back and realize she was just updating and keeping up with what was modern.

When i say that i am going home for the weekend this is the house I head to. I have never known anything different and although it may not be the biggest house around, to me, its home sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment