Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ding, Ding, Ding

In general, I do not like confrentations however if I am put in that type of situation i feel that I know how to handle myself. Verbal arguments are the easiest to settle because there is nothing in the way of getting your point across directly and usually the argument ends in a civil way if you have two mature people that are involved in the debate. Just like any other topic there are always variables that could obviously not let the verbal argument end as smoothly.

While arguing with someone over the phone, texts, or the internet is where, in my opinion, where things always end up getting out of hand. People tend to say things they normally would not to hurt someone or offend someone because they are able to hide behind their technology. There is also the possibility of someone not responding and nothing would have been resolved.

When I am personally put in one of these two situations I handle myself in different ways. If I am confronted through anyway of technology I respond with saying in a nice way we can discuss this at a different time when can talk face to face so everything is cleared up in the right way. When I am confronted in person I hear the other person out and try to understand exactly what their position is on the argument they have put on me. After I think I have a good understanding I usually start off with a few good points I think that I have and present them then in return listen to the other sides rebuttal. After that I try to go with a compromise or realize I was wrong and take the sitution from there. Argument are not something I look for, however they happen so I feel everyone should have a mature way to handle themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment